Merck & Co. Inc., established in 1891, is a global research-driven pharmaceutical company dedicated to putting patients first. Join us and experience our culture first-hand – one of strong ethics & integrity, diversified experiences and a resounding passion for improving human health. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Molecular Profiling Data Analysis is a key Merck functional group, providing integrative analysis of multiple types of molecular profiling data in collaboration with drug discovery and development teams. We seek a highly motivated statistical geneticist with demonstrated communication skills, extremely strong quantitative analysis and statistical knowledge, and a solid scientific track record to join Statistical Genetics team to support our pharmacogenomics/genetics efforts in multiple therapeutic areas.
The successful candidate will:
* Join the Statistical Genetics Team, collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to plan and execute pharmacogenomics/genetics strategies for multiple therapeutical areas, participate in experiment/trial designs, draft/review data analysis plans, supervise/perform data analysis and report analysis results.
* Provide data analysis support to large cohort association studies in multiple therapeutic franchises (MegCross, QuickChip studies).
* Perform research and development activities for novel integrative analysis algorithms in PGx, provide statistical solutions to GWAS and genetic markers identification and validation, develop and champion new methodologies to understand complex trait genetics through the integration of genotypic, genealogy, gene expression and clinical data.
* Serve as an internal expert to other data analysts for statistical topics.
The requirements for this position include:
* A Ph.D. or equivalent in Statistical Genetics, Biostatistics, Statistics, or related quantitative fields.
* A strong track record of scientific excellence with 3+ years of working experience in relevant fields.
* Expertise in analyzing and presenting analyses of complex data sets with state-of-art statistical and visualization tools. Proficiency with mathematics and statistical packages. Experience with clinical trials is a plus.
* A strong background and experience in developing algorithms for high volume data analysis. Knowledge of molecular and genome biology is preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership and flexibility in a collaborative environment.
* Proficiency in SAS and/or R, S-plus, Knowledge of SQL, Matlab and Perl or other UNIX scripting language is a plus.
Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose – bringing Merck’s finest achievements to people around the world.
We offer an excellent salary and an industry-ranked benefits program, including tuition reimbursement, work-life balance initiatives and developmental programs at all levels. Merck’s retirement package includes a pension plan and one of the best 401(k) plans in the nation.
To apply, please visit www.merckboston.com and search for job number # STA000502. Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Our work is someone’s hope. Join us in Boston.
Where patients come first – Merck
:Yes, 25% of the time
Number of Openings
For more information and to apply, click here.