Applications are invited for postdoctoral researchers in Bioinformatics/Molecular Nutrition who will support COSBI research initiatives in the area of diabetes and obesity. This position is open to computational biologists with strong aptitude for data analysis to address clear biological problems. The candidate will analyze high-throughput (i.e., omics) data generated by COSBI collaborators. Although a basic understanding of molecular biology is essential, this position is not intended for wet-lab oriented researchers. The candidate will report to the Principal investigator in Molecular Nutrition.
S/he will be responsible for:
- providing knowledge in the field of molecular nutrition modeling and analysis;
- working in team with computer and life sciences researchers;
- promoting the work of COSBI, through scientific publications and presentations;
- writing grant proposals.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in bioinformatics, statistics or related fields;
- previous experience with programming, high-throughput data analysis and/or nutritional sciences;
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- previous experience with R scripting.
Job hours and salary:
Full-time job. Attractive salary and benefits negotiable according to CV, previous experience and skills.
The work location is Rovereto, Northern Italy.
COSBI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age.
Applicants can send their application letter, CV along with full contact information of three referees to email@example.com and authorize the handling of personal information according to Law 196/03. Ref: PostDoc in Bioinformatics/Molecular Nutrition