Description: Over the past ten years I have gained a lot of experience with applying various data science techniques to many different data sources using the R programming language. I started consulting five years ago and have worked on dozens of projects for clients, ranging from small R scripts to full data pipelines. Here is a range of what I can accomplish when applying R to your data:
- Data management; importing, merging, and cleaning data
- Statistical analysis; exploratory, descriptive, and inferential methods
- Machine learning; including regression analysis, principal component analysis, genetic algorithms, and neural networks
- Data sources; ranging anywhere from small, sparse data sets to those with many gigabytes and hundreds of features
- Visualizations; every research project has the potential to reveal many stories. Being able to tell a story through graphics is a great way to get your message across
There are few things that I cannot do with R, but I would be happy to take on any project that requires me to learn something new. I am located in Seattle, but I am willing to travel if the project requires it. I am also very well versed in SAS and Excel.
Rates are negotiable.