Hiring Manager: Michael O’Connell
Location: East Coast US
TIBCO is a rapidly growing software company with more than 3000 employees worldwide and approx. $900MM annual revenue in 2011. TIBCO provides a comprehensive software platform that allows customers to perform in-depth analysis on their data, while injecting predictive and complex statistics in the analysis. TIBCO Spotfire is an interactive, visual environment with inbuilt R/S+ analytics, allowing individuals to analyze and visualize trends, patterns, outliers, and unanticipated relationships in data quickly. TIBCO Spotfire customers include Fortune500 customers from variety of industries, including: Life Science, Energy, Financial Services, Telco, Retail and others.
We are looking for an Analytics Consultant to join our rapidly growing Industry Analytics Group and provide analytics expertise within customer implementations of TIBCO software. The successful candidate will also engage in methodology development to sharpen our current tool kit. This position will require some travel to customer locations (about 25%) as well as research and development within the TIBCO suite of products. The work can be accomplished from a home office, but candidates who live in the northeast US, especially the North Carolina Research Triangle Park area, will be given preference.
* Experience in statistical data analysis and some involvement in delivering statistical analyses as part of projects, engagements or deployed software applications a must
* 3+ years of experience with S-PLUS or R
* Experience with other software environments e.g. SAS, Matlab, Spotfire, Spotfire Miner, and/or other data mining software and/or .Net and/or scripting environments e.g. Python, is a plus
* Candidate should have a masters or PhD degree with a major in statistics. Candidates with a major in computer science and with statistics classes will also be considered.
* Graduate statistics classes in Time Series Analysis, Longitudinal Methods and/or Data Mining are a plus.
* Candidates must be proficient in the Windows environment; Linux is a plus.