This internship looked like a good fit with our readers….
Data Science Intern, July – December 2018
Are you excited about spelunking in robot data? iRobot is looking for a Data Science Intern to join our team Summer/Fall 2018 (July- December).
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more,” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. We’ve become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots, and we invest in the development and growth of our people in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and fun. Would you like to come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge data science technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry?
Our team’s mission is to creatively solve problems related to iRobot’s data sources and bring data-informed intelligence to our customers and colleagues. As an intern on our team, we’ll help you develop a strong background in applying probability and statistics to real data, as well as defining a problem and evaluating the effectiveness of different techniques in solving these problems. Previous experience with financial modeling, signal processing, or other advanced methods on time-series data is not required but would make a you a very attractive applicant. With regards to computing skills, we’re looking for someone who can manipulate and quickly prototype solutions that work on large data sets in a clear (and possibly interactive) manner. An understanding of algorithms, operating systems, and modern server hardware is also a plus.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties
- Use data analysis to solve problems for our customers
- Program working prototypes in a modern analytical language (Python, R, JS/D3, or others)
- Make creative use of public and private datasets to improve our customers’ experiences
- Continuously push the edge of what iRobot Data Science can deliver in a cost-effective manner
- Interact with other internal teams on a regular basis, both to sell new ideas and to elicit feedback on old ones
- Work as part of a fun team
Balance of the details available on the job posting….